Thursday, July 3, 2014

June 2014

With the risk of being a Negative Nancy, I admit that I was worried about June.  Matt will have officially been retired for a over a month, the newness of him being home all the time might wear off, and he might realize what a colossal mistake it was to retire.  June scared me.  

But here we are in July and things are still going really great!  Don't get me wrong...we are NOT on Cloud 9 all the time.  We are not the perfect picture of marital bliss.  We do not always turn tantrums in to teaching moments.  Sometimes tantrums are just tantrums and we get frustrated and yell.  Sometimes Matt and I are tired of each other (shocking, I know)!  

But overall, after such a MONUMENTAL life transition, we are more at peace and happier than I ever thought we would be.  Matt feels like he is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing.  So what IS he doing exactly?  The question is...what ISN'T he doing?!  He is still involved in the rent-to-own car business he started over a year ago (EZ Auto Rent-To-Buy), he is involved in some real estate investments, he became a partner in franchising a fast-casual pizza restaurant called Pie 5, and he has a few other options on the table, as well.  The wheels of his mind are always grinding and truthfully, it can wear me out.  But I know how blessed I am to have married such a creative, smart, and hard-working man.

Beachbody has been so fun and just busy enough to keep me on my toes, and make sure I don't have one second of free time! : )  Matt and I were able to get away for three days to Las Vegas, for the Beachbody Summit and then to Phoenix for two days to see some close friends, the Beltramos and Graffaninos.  It was really nice to get away, but it was a LOT of work!  Arranging care for the kids, packing their stuff, stocking the refrigerator, etc.  But of course, my parents were extremely helpful and took on all three kids for the majority of our time away.  I don't know how people with kids live away from their families.  I couldn't have done this without my family and Matt's mom.  

Sienna Spotlight: 

Sienna has been sleeping in a twin bed without a bed rail for quite a few months now.  Well she did fall out of bed at my parent's house just a few weeks ago.  She came out crying, and told my dad that, "The bed tipped over!".  He then told her she could sleep in his bed, but she was afraid THAT bed would tip over also!  I love the way their little minds work.  It never ceases to amaze me.

After witnessing Matt go #2 on the potty, she boldly told him, "You had a snake in your butt!"  To me, this is the FUNNIEST thing she has ever said.  

Matt will often act like a "monster" and chase Sienna around the house.  One night they had been playing this, but Matt was resting on the couch and I was laying down on the floor.  I got up to go to the bathroom, and she said, "Make sure monster don't get you.  He's on the couch."

After returning home from my Las Vegas trip, Sienna gave me a big hug and said, "You're my best friend."  Sweet girl made my day.  

Matt makes her oatmeal nearly everyday, so one morning she tells me, "Daddy make my oatmeal, Mommy.  Not you.  Daddy my best friend."  She made his day : )

She still loves Frozen, The Lorax, Tangled, and Hillsong's Crazy Noise.  She can do a small puzzle by herself, struts around in high heels like it ain't no thing, and still wants to change clothes three times/day.

Double Trouble:

Maddox has been on hands and knees just rocking away, but not budging!  He has tried to move his knees, but then he collapses on his face because he hasn't figure out that he has to move his arms too.  

Price still grunts.  His voice and cries are so deep.  I love hearing him.

They are both finally eating solids without putting up a fuss and spitting most of it out. 

Price has STRONG legs.  I am actually afraid he is going to break his jumperoo.  He also can stand if I help him hold on to something.  Maddox doesn't seem to know what do with his legs when I put him in the standing position.  









Papa LaPorta!










No comments:

Post a Comment