Saturday, May 3, 2014

April

Highlights:
  • Going to Disney with Sienna on the day before Matt had to leave for Mexico.  She had a love/hate relationship with the characters.  She loved them from afar, but up close it took her a while to warm up!
  • We sold our beach house with a May closing date!
  • The kids, my mom and I spent a week out at the beach before we didn't have the house anymore!  It was a wonderful way to relax and it made it easier being away from Matt.
  • Sienna and I went to Mexico to see Matt!  The city of Campeche was MUCH NICER than I ever imagined.  It was wonderful to have such quality time with just Matt, Sienna, and I, though I did miss my little boys.
  • I turned 30 on April 17!
  • Matt and I spent a great day together before he left where he gave me the most beautiful ring.
  • I was home at Easter for the first time in five years.
Lowlights:
  • I turned 30 on April 17.
  • We miss Matt.  Sienna misses her Daddy.  She cries and says she wants Daddy to come back.  Or when she climbs in to my bed in the morning, she says, "Daddy come home after his baseball game?"  Heartbreaking!
  • Though Matt is playing extremely well down in Mexico, his hip continues to be an issue.  Unless God heals his hip significantly, Matt is not sure how much longer he will last.  It's unreal that it seems he is on the verge of retiring from baseball.  It truly pains me to even type that.  I know, I know…God has something better for us.  The mature Christian adult-me knows that.  But the petulant child-me wants to scream, "It's not fair!"  "Why couldn't You have just healed his hip?!"  "Why didn't we get another opportunity or a better opportunity on a different team?!"  "This isn't how it was supposed to happen!"  "He doesn't deserve this!"  Okay…I think I got it all out…at least for now.  
Sienna Spotlight:
The girl loves shoes.  She puts shoes on before she comes out of her room in the morning (6:45am).  She puts on shoes after she wakes up from her naps and comes out of her room.  She switches shoes 20 times a day.  I usually have at least five pairs of her shoes scattered about my house.
She can fully dress herself.  Now sometimes a shirt is inside out or something like that, but USUALLY her shirt and pants are on the right way (tag in back)!  She never ceases to amaze me. 
She also can almost buckle her carseat by herself.  This is a huge plus and makes me feel like I don't need to get a minivan!  Go Sienna go!
One day I was scolding her while she was in her high chair, so I was looking down at her.  Well she narrowed those blue eyes at me and then started raising her eyebrows up and down.  Needless to say, the scolding was over because I couldn't stop laughing.  And I tried really hard to keep my "mean face" on, but to no avail.  

Double Trouble:
The boys are six months old!  I can't believe it, but I am loving every second.  THIS is the age where I just can't get enough of them.  Both boys are incredibly generous with their smiles and love attention.  They are both sitting up, but Maddox is a little better at it.  They are both out of their rock n' plays and in to separate cribs!  Price can hold his own bottle, which comes in very handy (no pun intended).  Price will gnaw on anything within his little chubby arms' reach.  And I think Maddox could look at people all day.  He doesn't' want to miss a thing.  











Nonna, Sienna, and Price at the beach!






30th Birthday Celebration with Wonderful Friends!


Easter Twins!





Sienna and our friend, Blake!

My big boy, Price, holding his own bottle!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, how incredibly refreshing it is to read your blog? I am so grateful for how raw and real you are and it makes me really really miss you. And that we are praying for you and for Matt. This is such a big decision but from experience, God makes a way. He provides and he guides you to where he wants you to be. Love you guys and you are on our hearts ;) Sweetest pics of all time, you look amazing and your kids are just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete