Thursday, May 30, 2013

Manic May

I have so much to be grateful for and I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams, yet lately I'm having a hard time remembering that.  As one of my favorite books, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society quotes, "I much prefer whining to counting my blessings."  Now this is not true most of the time, but I certainly go through phases of this unfortunate attitude.  

Matt and I are still thrilled to be having twins, but some of the realities of that are definitely coming in to focus now.  The risks of a multiple pregnancy are much greater, so instead of this pregnancy flying by (as I assumed it would), it's dragging on and on, as I count my way up to God-willing 37-39 weeks.  The possibilities that I could go in to pre-term labor, put on bed rest, or my babies spending ANY time in the NICU terrifies me.  The most difficult thing for me to accept though is the fact that I have to come home in mid-July.  This means Sienna and I won't see Matt for a minimum of 6 weeks and depending on baseball, that could stretch to 10 weeks.  I hate that.  And speaking of baseball, the glamour and glitz of this life has faded considerably.  The 10 day road trips that take my husband away from me, leaving me in Columbus, OH, with a toddler and no family and friends are not my favorite thing right now.  The fact that we have no idea where we will be or how much money we will be making next year is also a bit overwhelming when I think about flying all over the country with 3 children under 3.  

Okay, I think I am done whining now.  Please have grace and forgiveness if you find me ungrateful and pathetic.  I will count my blessings now.

1. I am pregnant with twins!
2. Sienna knows around 30 words (including "boob").
3. Sienna's "crazy eyes" (she narrows her eyes, tilts her head down and peers at us from furrowed brows.  It's the best.
4. Matt and Sienna reuniting this month.
5. Watching "How I Met Your Mother" with Mattie every night after games.
6. I have still had a very easy pregnancy health-wise.
7. Summer has hit Ohio!
8. Beautiful and wonderful wives here in Columbus.
9. Mom and Dad came to visit for over a week!
10. Sienna is sleeping over 12 hours still at night.
11. Sienna's kisses and hugs
12. I have a great church here (still not as great as GFC of course, but good!)
13. Sienna's social butterfly personality


Do those make up a little for my beginning of this blog?  I hope so.

I walked in to our bedroom and found Sienna up here.
She will do anything for gum.

Home Depot with Dad




Talking on the phone




Huntington Park
Columbus, OH
16 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Dara!!!! You have a blog?! I am so stoked!!! You look absolutely beautiful and God knew what he was doing giving you both twins. You are both the most patient and loving people/parents. Miss you and wish we were back in baseball sometimes! Praying for health, physical, mental, and spiritual strength and success for Matt!

    ReplyDelete