Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beginning Today

"It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by.  How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment?  For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone.  That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop."   ~Vita Sackville-West


This quote encapsulates why I have decided to  write a blog.  How else will we (let alone others) remember our lives?  I hope this blog will enable me to relive the small, seemingly insignificant (at the time), yet truly precious moments of my life.  It is a lofty goal to be sure.  I have journaled off and on throughout my life with various degrees of inconsistency.  I can not promise a set number of entries or any particular content.  I only desire to capture still shots of a life that sweeps by with unanticipated speed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment