Thursday, June 11, 2015

Quarterly Update

I am sad to title this post "Quarterly Update", as I had hoped to write more frequently, like weekly, or even monthly.  Well I am here now.  And at the end of the day, I know I will enjoy looking back on these posts no matter how frequently (or infrequently) the updates came.  

They are growing up still.  I am PRETTY SURE I made it very clear that they were not do that anymore. But Sienna continues to inch closer to FOUR years old, and as the boys approach TWO, they are developing the attitude to go with it.  :( 

Sienna...spunky, sassy, yet still sweet, Sienna.  In the last few months, she has become more cuddly than she has ever been in her whole life.  She desires constant companionship.  "Mommy, will you sit with me?"  is a phrase I hear over and over throughout the day.  Admittedly, I get weary, but I DO TRY to embrace it, sit with her, and cherish every cuddle.  

Sienna loves to sing, dance, color, TALK, and play.  She is extremely attentive to her little brothers, whom she adores, but also loves to boss around.  I often have to remind her to let me be the mommy, and, "you just be their sister."  She gets her feelings hurt if they won't hug her or come to her when she beckons.  

She is still the master-negotiator.  Before I can even get the word, "NO", out of my mouth, she is already explaining her plan B, plan C, and plan D.  Her favorite lines in regards to this are, "Mommy, I got a deal"  OR "Momma, I have a plan".  

Price is the kindest, most generous baby I've ever seen.  He is constantly looking for physical affection from me, Matt, but especially Sienna and Maddox.  He is still my most laid-back child, yet doesn't often miss out on the rambunctiousness of the other two.  He loves to dance (his moves remind me of Elaine from Seinfeld), eats more than Sienna and Maddox combined, and enjoys splashing in the water.  

He is very attuned to his brother and sister's feelings.  Just the other day, Price was crying because he wanted a toy that Maddox had.  So naturally, Sienna took from Maddox and gave to Price.  Maddox immediately started throwing a fit, and without being prompted in any way, Price gave the toy back to Maddox.  How sweet is that?!  When either are crying, he gently pats them, hugs them, or gives them kisses.  

However, as I said earlier, they are both developing the selfishness that comes with age, and even my sweet Price is not exempt.  He can be downright ORNERY lately and very possessive of me.  When I am holding Price in my lap, he will kick Maddox away if he tries to come near.  Price can be extremely stubborn and does NOT appreciate when I forbid him from doing something he wants to do.  

Price still doesn't talk much, but "Dada" is official!

And then there is spirited, fiery, passionate Maddox.  What Maddox is feeling is no secret because he does not just wear his feelings on his sleeve, but he wears his emotions on every part of him.  He either RADIATES PURE JOY or is ENGULFED in FURY!  Maddox is excited about life, and I learn from him every single day.  Despite the fact that he is more independent and definitely has a mischievous air about him, he still is very affectionate with Sienna and Price, especially.  

Maddox has facial expressions the way Sienna did.  He literally makes me laugh out loud without saying a word.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will keep us laughing and pulling our hair out!  Oh, Maddox still gets mistaken for a girl, quite often.  I suppose it's time to cut his crazy hair!  

Maddox is really embracing this whole talking thing, as he is up to a few words!  "Dada", "Mama", "Papa", and he quacks like a duck!  

All three of my children would rather be outside than inside all day long.  They play so well together with minimal fighting so far.  And again, there seems to be an intimate bond amongst them that I am so grateful for.  

MOMENTS

Maddox hates to be left out.  If I tickle Price's belly, Maddox will immediately lift up his shirt and rub his belly to make sure I don't forget about him! 

Maddox says, "Wow wow wow"

Sienna calls her brothers, "Bubba", "Sweetheart", "Honey"

Sienna: I'm Elsa, you're Ana, and the boys are baby Kristoff's! 

Sienna: What the heck, Jose?  (As opposed to "No way, Jose!")  

Sienna said to me: "I want to marry with you."

Sienna sang a song she made up...
Me: Where did that song come from?
Sienna: My voice.
Me: Who taught you?
Sienna: Jesus.

Sienna: Daddy, don't put your shirt back on because I think you handsome with no shirt. 

At the doctor's office, the nurse practitioner was asking me several questions and taking notes. 
Sienna: What is she doing?  Why she not fixing me?

On the way home from Target...
Sienna: There's a lot of stuff there.  I'm going to tell Daddy not to let you come to Target unless you buy me nail polish and shoes and lipstick and pants.

My Dad was explaining to Sienna how some children don't have a Daddy, to which she immediately stated, "I'm not sharing mine."

In April, Maddox climbed out of his crib.  But it must not have been a good experience because he hasn't done it since! 

Sienna loves playing on Bridget's porch and says it's her castle.  One day she said she didn't have a prince yet, but that he was in his car and coming.  "He's stuck in traffic."

Matt was checking the boys for poopy diapers, and told Sienna it was Price, to which Sienna exclaimed, "We have a winner!"

I showed Sienna the Dancing With The Stars "Disney edition", and she was beside herself!  She turned to me and exclaimed, "You kidding me?!"  


No comments:

Post a Comment