Friday, November 7, 2014

October 2014

Is it me or am I getting later and later when it comes to blogging about our month!  But I think I am being hard on myself.  Since January of 2013, I resolved to blog once a month, and I have!  I am very proud of myself, and though I wish I could record more, this will have to do.
October went fast!  Am I right?  I just can't believe that it's November 5 already.  And we all know how quickly the rest of this year will go by.  Yikes.  I don't know if I am ready!

This month, Matt had the opportunity to go to Germany with an organization call UPI.  UPI reaches out to professional baseball players and was an organization that served us so wonderfully when Matt was playing.  He and one of his good friends went to Germany to hold baseball clinics, and at the end they were able to share their testimonies and talk about how Jesus has changed their lives.  Matt had a wonderful time, ate some delicious food, and had some great experiences.  I am so thrilled he was able to do something like that, but boy am I happy to have him home.  He was gone for eight days, and my family and friends were so incredibly helpful to me!  I seriously don't know how people have babies without their families nearby.  And as always, when I am alone with the kids, I am reminded of the incomparably huge responsibility that single mothers and fathers have.  

I blinked and Sienna became a little girl.  I don't know how or when it happened.  Wasn't she just two?  Wasn't she just learning to eat by herself?  Didn't she just start talking?  Sadly, no.  She is independent and strong and more capable than I would like to admit.  You know what I miss?  I miss her mispronouncing words.  She is so grown up, there are very few words she doesn't say perfectly!  She still calls hand sanitizer, "hanitizer".  Up until a few months ago, she called bananas, "samanas".  See...when did she learn to say it right?  At the moment, I can't even think of any other silly words.  Man, I miss that.  

My little boys turned one year old on October 28th and they love me so much.  I don't mean to brag...but they just do.  They need me more and depend on me more than Sienna ever did.  I have to admit, I love it.  It's a little overwhelming when they both want me at the same time, and little tears are falling as they look to me and hold their arms up to be held, but secretly I love it.  Don't tell though.  They are just so sweet and affectionate and beautiful.  I will miss this age.  

We took family pictures this month, which went just about how you would expect them to go.  I think we got great individual shots of everyone, but I am pretty confident we did not even get one picture of all three kids together.  And believe it or not, Price was the worst!  He was just not happy.  Oh well : )

Sienna Spotlight: 

I did not do a good job of writing stuff down, so I promise I will do better this month!  But here are a few gems...
I was wearing a thong, and Sienna confidently informed me that I had put my underwear on backwards.
Often, after I tell her what to do, she says, "Listen, I have a better idea..."

Double Trouble: 

Price and Maddox eat a ton!  They are no longer on formula or baby food.  They eat all real food.  They are not even teenagers, but I feel like they are eating me out the house already!  
Price waves and gives big, sloppy, open-mouth kisses.  
Maddox took his first steps right before his birthday on October 27.  He claps his hands, and says "Buh", for "Bye".  

























1 comment:

  1. Some things: First of all, I KNOW with how big and independent and smart three year old girls can be! It is so crazy. And I can't believe the boys are 1!! And I haven't even snuggled their baby selves! Hopefully this year we can all get together and it will be insane and we will be madly outnumbered. Also, I love the red dress you're wearing! Also, soon we should talk on the phone because I'm stalking all your blogs. :o) Also, I need some fitness advice so I need a friend conversation and a coach conversation, haha! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete